Chilli Paneer Gravy is an Indo Chinese dish that tastes delicious and is highly popular among local people. Easy to prepare and full of flavor and zing. It is a perfect go to dish when you want to eat something spicy and do not want to chop too much and requires very little time.
Chiili Paneer Gravy Chinese Restaurant Style
- Kadai / Pan / Wok
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- Soya Sauce
- Ginger – Garlic
- Sesame Oil
- 250 gms Paneer (cottage cheese ) cubed
- 1 large Capsicum
- 1 tblsp minced Ginger
- 1 tblsp minced Garlic
- 3 – 4 Green Chilli cut diagonally
- 1 large Onion Diced
- 1 -2 tblsp Spring Onion for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilly Powder for color
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ajinomoto (optional)
- 1 tblsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbslp Vinegar
- 1 tblsp Cornflour
- 1 tblsp Sesame Oil / Vegetable Oil
- Oil for frying
Marinade for paneer chilly :
- 1/4 cup Maida
- 2 tblsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
How to Make Paneer Chilli Gravy :
- Cut the paneer in small cubes. Dice the capsicum. The pieces should not be very small. Dice the onions and separate each layer and make petals.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients under the marinade section – maida, cornflour, soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Now add water to little by little to make a thick coating consistency batter. Add the paneer cubes and with a light hand coat all the paneer pieces.
- Keep in the fridge for half and hour.
- Later heat oil for frying and fry the marinated paneer cubes on medium flame till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Make a thin lump free slurry with 1tblsp of cornflour and 3-4 tblsp of water. Keep aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan / wok, on high flame add onion petals, diced capsicum, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Do not over cook. The capsicum should retain a bite.
- Stir fry on high flame for 2 – 3 mins and then add the red chilly, ajinomotto, soy sauce.
- Now add 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Add the slurry prepared earlier.
- Keep stirring really fast. Once the sauce begins to thicken add the fried paneer pieces.
- Add the salt and pepper seasoning and vinegar.
- Once the sauce reaches the desired consistency switch off the flame.
- Dish out the chilli paneer gravy and garnish with spring onion greens.
What To Serve With Chilli Paneer garvy :