Chilli Paneer Gravy is an Indo Chinese dish that tastes delicious and is highly popular among local people. Easy to prepare and full of flavor and zing. It is a perfect go to dish when you want to eat something spicy and do not want to chop too much and requires very little time.
Chiili Paneer Gravy Chinese Restaurant Style
Chilli Paneer gravy is crispy, batter fried paneer cubes served in a super spicy, soy, pepper and ajinomoto loaded sauce. Full on ChinJabi in taste !! Goes very well with fried rice or hakka noodles. Full of flavours oozing.
- Kadai / Pan / Wok
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- Soya Sauce
- Ginger – Garlic
- Sesame Oil
- 250 gms Paneer (cottage cheese ) cubed
- 1 large Capsicum
- 1 tblsp minced Ginger
- 1 tblsp minced Garlic
- 3 – 4 Green Chilli cut diagonally
- 1 large Onion Diced
- 1 -2 tblsp Spring Onion for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilly Powder for color
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ajinomoto (optional)
- 1 tblsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbslp Vinegar
- 1 tblsp Cornflour
- 1 tblsp Sesame Oil / Vegetable Oil
- Oil for frying
Marinade for paneer chilly :
- 1/4 cup Maida
- 2 tblsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
How to Make Paneer Chilli Gravy :
- Cut the paneer in small cubes. Dice the capsicum. The pieces should not be very small. Dice the onions and separate each layer and make petals.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients under the marinade section – maida, cornflour, soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Now add water to little by little to make a thick coating consistency batter. Add the paneer cubes and with a light hand coat all the paneer pieces.
- Keep in the fridge for half and hour.
- Later heat oil for frying and fry the marinated paneer cubes on medium flame till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Make a thin lump free slurry with 1tblsp of cornflour and 3-4 tblsp of water. Keep aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan / wok, on high flame add onion petals, diced capsicum, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Do not over cook. The capsicum should retain a bite.
- Stir fry on high flame for 2 – 3 mins and then add the red chilly, ajinomotto, soy sauce.
- Now add 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Add the slurry prepared earlier.
- Keep stirring really fast. Once the sauce begins to thicken add the fried paneer pieces.
- Add the salt and pepper seasoning and vinegar.
- Once the sauce reaches the desired consistency switch off the flame.
- Dish out the chilli paneer gravy and garnish with spring onion greens.
What To Serve With Chilli Paneer garvy :
Hakka Noodles, Chinese Fried Rice goes very well with Chilli Paneer Gravy.
You can also team them up with crispy honey potatoes.