Sai Bhaji is also called Sindhi palak and is very popular not just in Sindhi households but all the other communities too. Learn how to make Indian sai bhaji.
1 Bunch Spinach or Palak
1/2 Bunch Dill
1 Onion (diced)
2 Tomatoes (chopped)
1-2 tsp Tamarind Juice
1/2 Cup Chana Daal (Soak for 15 mins)
1/2 tsp Ginger (grounded)
5-6 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
1-2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Cup Water
Salt to taste
How to make sai bhaji:
- Chop Spinach,Dill and wash properly.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add onions.Frytill golden brown.
- Add soaked chana daal,tomatoes,ginger,garlic,green chilies and all powdered spices except cumin seeds.
- Saute for a few minutes till golden brown.
- Add chopped spinach and dill and tamarind juice.Mix well.
- Now add water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles and thenlet it simmer for 5 minutes.
- When pressure is finished mash the daal and spinachroughly.
- Heat ghee in a pan for tadka and cumin seeds and 1 chopped garlic clove.Once it starts to splutter pour it on the bhaji.
- Serve hot