Sindhi kadhi is a popular Sindhi dish and unlike the Punjabi Kadhi which is made of yogurt, Sindhi kadi is made using lentils and vegetables. Learn how to make Sindhi kadhi.
250 gms Tuvar Daal (Arhar)
200 gms Okra (Bhindi)
50 gms Cauliflower (Cut in florets)
50 gms Flat Beans (cut in pieces)
1 Drum Stick (Cut in pieces)
1 Potato (Peeled and cut in cubes)
1-2 Tomatoes (chopped)
1 Onion (chopped)
2-3 Garlic Cloves
1 Bay Leaf
1 Piece Cinnamon
2 Cloves (Laung)
A pinch of asafoetida
1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 Kashmiri Chillies
5 Cup water
How to make sindhi kadi:
- Pressure cook tuvar daal in 5 cups water along with chopped onions,garlic and tomatoes for half and hour.
- When the steam is out let it cool and grind it.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida,fenugreek & mustard seeds,cinnamon,cloves,bay leaf.Saute for few minutes and add the tuvardaal mixture to it.Bring it to a boil.
- Now add all the cut vegetables to the above boiling kadhi and mix well.
- Peel and cut the drumstick and put it in the daal.
- Let the kadhi boil for about half an hour.
- Fry the kashmiri Chillies in a little oil and garnish the kadhi.
- Serve hot