- 1 1/2 kgs Tomatoes (Tamatar)
- 1 tsps chilli powder
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar (Cheeni)
- 2 Cloves (Lavang)
- 1 Cardamom (Elaichi Moti)
- 1/4″ piece Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 2 tsps chopped Ginger (Adrak)
- 4 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
- 1 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 2 tsps Salt (Namak)
- 1/2 tsp glacial acetic acid
- 2 tsps sodium benzoate
How to make tomato ketchup:
- Chop the tomatoes, garlic and ginger and put in a degchi and cook on a low fire till tender and thick.
- Pass through a sieve.
- Add vinegar, sugar and chilli powder and cook until thick.
- Add acetic acid and sodium benzoate mixed in 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Pour the ketchup in bottles and cork tightly.
- Use after one week. This tomato ketchup can be kept for one year.