- 125 grams Red chili (Lal Mirchi), fresh
- 2 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 Cloves (Lavang)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson) (tied in a muslin bag)
- 1/4 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 250 grams Tomatoes (Tamatar)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (Cheeni)
- 2 teaspoons Salt (Namak)
- 1 teaspoon glacial acetic acid
How to make red chilli sauce:
- Deseed the red chillies and grind.
- Cook tomato pieces till tender and pass through a sieve.
- Cook tomato pulp, ground red chillies, chilli powder, salt, sugar, cloves, vinegar and mustard seeds till thick.
- Remove from the fire, take out muslin bag and cloves.
- Mix glacial acetic acid. Pour in a bottle and cork tightly.
- Keep it for one week before using.
- Note: If the colour of the sauce does not look good, mix with it 1/2 teaspoon tomato red colour.