Here is a very simple Rajasthani bhindi fry recipe. This is also called Rajasthani bhindi ki sabji sukhiwali. This dish is very crispy and tasty because of addition of besan. Besan renders a fantastic taste. It makes the bhindi sabji crispy. Rajasthani bhindi fry is perfect dish for lunch and dinners. It goes well with Mix Rajasthani Dal or Gatte ki Sabji. Hot missi roti with this sabji and pickle is an epic combination. Lets learn about Rajasthani bhindi fry recipe.
Serves : 2
Cooking Time : 30 – 40 minute
Rajasthani Bhindi Ingredients:
250 gms Ladyfingers (Bhindi)
3 tsp Bengal Gram Flour (Besan)
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 green chillies
1 tsp coriander powder
1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
1/4 cup oil
How to make rajasthani bhindi :
- Wash the bhindi nicely, then dry on a soft cloth, when completely dried up then cut them lengthwise
- Dry roast the besan in a pan on low heat until a good aroma comes out and becomes slightly brown. Keep aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix everything – bengal gram flour, 1 tsp fennel seeds and all other dry masalas except cumin.
- Mix in a tblsp of oil and salt and mix well.
- Stuff this masala into the ladyfingers.
- Heat up 3 tblsp of oil, mix in the remaining fennel seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Mix in ladyfingers and stir fry for 5 minutes, cover and stir fry stirring till they are cooked.
- Uncover and stir fry till the ladyfingers are crisp.
- Serve this rajasthani bhindi ki sukhiwali sabji hot with dal and missi roti.