2 lbs. Mutton Leg
2 lbs. Onions (chopped)
14 oz. Tomato (chopped/paste)
2 oz. Ginger Paste
2 oz. Garlic Paste
7 oz. Curd
2 tsp Red Chili Powder
1/3 tsp Turmeric
2 tsp Coriander
.05 oz. Bay Leaves
4 Cardamom Black
10 to 15 Black Peppers (crushed)
7 oz. Cooking Oil
Salt To Taste
How to make traditional Indian Laas Maas:
- In a pan put cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add chopped onions and fry them until golden brown.
- Keep aside a little of the brown onions to use for garnish.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste, cook for 15 min.
- Add cut portions of mutton and let it cook for 30 min.
- Now add bay leaves, black pepper, red chili powder, cardamom black, turmeric powder and curd, then add salt to taste.
- Cook until the spices are well-cooked and mixed.
- Add tomato paste and cook on low fire for 40 min.
- When ready, remove lal maas from the fire and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and fried onions before serving.