1/2 tblsp red chilli powder
1/4 cup coriander leaves
4 – 6 garlic flakes
1 medium onion
6 – 8 cashewnuts
1/4 cup cottage cheese grated
oil to deep fry
salt to tate
6 medium sized potatoes
How to make lehsuni tikki :
- Wash, boil, cool, take off and mash potatoes thoroughly.
- Mix in salt to taste and knead mashed potatoes to make smooth dough.
- Divide into ten to twelve equal portions.
- Take off and finely cut the onion and garlic.
- Clean, wash and finely cut coriander leaves.
- Crush cashew nuts and mix with cut onion, garlic, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, salt, and grated cottage cheese.
- Divide the mixture into ten to twelve equal portions.
- Stuff each portion of mashed potato with a portion of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Roll and shape into tikkis of approximately two-inch diameter and half inch thickness.
- Heat up oil in a kadai and deep-fry the tikkis to golden brown.
- Take off and remove on to a clean and absorbent kitchen towel or paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.