1 tsp turmeric powder
1 kg chicken
25 – 30 peppercorns
3/4 cup tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup onions sliced
1 tblsp coriander powder
6 – 8 cloves
salt to taste
8 – 10 curry leaves
2 tsp garlic chopped
3 tblsp oil
How to make murg kali mirch :
- Clean, wash and skin the chicken.
- Cut it into twelve pieces.
- Lb peppercorns to a coarse powder.
- Mix salt, crushed peppercorns and turmeric powder with the chicken pieces.
- Keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat up oil in a kadhai.
- Mix in cut onions and cloves.
- Stir fry on medium heat up till onions are light brown.
- Mix in cut garlic and stir fry for a minute.
- Mix in coriander powder and cut tomatoes.
- Stir fry till oil leaves the sides.
- Mix in marinated chicken, curry leaves and half cup water.
- Stir fry covered, stirring occasionally, till chicken is cooked.
- Correct flavor and serve hot.