4 medium sized chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
2 tblsp yogurt
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
3 medium tomatoes
2 medium sized capsicums
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
5 – 6 garlic flakes
1 1/2 tblsp oil
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1 inch ginger
salt to taste
1 cup corn kernels
1 tblsp coriander powder
How to make murg makkai :
- Clean, wash and cut chicken breasts into one centimeter sized square pieces.
- Wash capsicums, halve, de-seed and cut into one centimeter squares.
- Take off and finely cut ginger and garlic.
- Wash and puree tomatoes in a blender.
- Wash and cut coriander leaves.
- Boil corn kernels in three to four cup of salted water till soft.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan, stir-fry cut ginger and garlic briefly.
- Mix in pureed tomato and stir fry on medium high flame heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Mix well.
- Mix in chicken pieces and stir fry on medium heat up for five to six minutes, stirring regularly.
- Mix in skimmed milk yogurt, cooked corn kernels, capsicum and salt.
- Mix well, lower heat, cover and continue to stir fry till masala is a little thick and chicken pieces are completely cooked.
- Mix in garam masala powder and cut coriander leaves, mix gently and serve hot.