Pinch garam masala powder
4 cup chicken stock
2 green cardamoms
2 tblsp fresh cream
400 gms chicken (minced)
1 tblsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp cumin powder
sal t to taste
1 tblsp oil
2 tblsp tomato paste
4 green chillies
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tblsp ginger paste
2 medium onions
How to make chicken kofta in walnut gravy :
- Combine chicken mince, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Using a tablespoon, divide into equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball.
- Bring chicken stock to boil, crush green cardamoms and mix in to chicken stock.
- Mix in chicken balls to boiling stock, lower the heat up and continue to stir fry until chicken balls are cooked and stock has almost evaporated.
- Keep aside.
- Wash and cut green chillies.
- Boil walnuts and then grind in to a fine paste.
- Take off and boil onions, remove and grind to a paste.
- Heat up oil, mix in boiled onion paste, stir fry until oil begins to separate, mix in ginger, garlic paste, cut green chillies stir fry for a moment.
- Mix in tomato paste then bring to a boil.
- Mix in walnut paste and stir to mix well.
- Lower the heat, mix in fresh cream, stirring continuously.
- Mix in koftas and bring to a boil, adjust salt.
- Serve hot.