- 2 oz breadcrumbs
- 2 oz flour
- 2 oz shredded suet
- Grated rind of 1 lemon (nimbu)
- 2 tblsp marmalade
- 2 oz. castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tspful baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Marmalade sauce
How to make marmalade pudding:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, sieving the flour and baking powder.
- Add the marmalade, egg and milk.
- If the mixture is too stiff, add a little more milk.
- Put mixture into a greased basin, cover with a double piece of greased paper and steam for 2 1/2 hours.
To make the marmalade sauce:
- peel a lemon very thinly and cut the peel into short strips.
- Boil these in water until soft, then add 2 tblspfuls of sugar and 2 tspfuls of cornflour made into a paste with a little water. Stir well and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from fire and add 2 tspfuls of lemon juice.
- Dish up the pudding and serve with the sauce.