- 1 oz butter
- 8 oz fresh apricots
- 4 oz self-raising flour
- 4 oz fine white breadcrumbs
- 4 oz shredded suet
- 2 tblsp granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- little milk to mix
- 2tsp Demerara sugar
How to make fresh apricot pudding:
- Well butter a 2-pinch pudding basin ; line bottom and sides with stoned and halved apricots placing skin sides next to basin.
- Mix flour and breadcrumbs, adding pinch salt, then add suet and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the beaten eggs with a little milk, and stir well until eggs are evenly blended. Add a little more milk to make a stiffly dropping consistency.
- Sprinkle Demerara sugar over the apricots in the basin, add butter in pieces, then put in the pudding mixture, smoothing the top.
- Cover with buttered paper, tied on tightly, but loosely fitting to allow pudding to rise. Simmer gently for 2 hours.
- Turn out carefully, to disturb apricots as little as possible and serve with Apricot Sauce.