- 1/2 kg lotus stem (bhein or kamal kakri)
- 6 teaspoons mustard powder
- 3 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1/3 cup Salt (Namak)
- 1 cup Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
How to make lotus stem pickle:
- Peel and cut lotus stems into round slices and boil till half tender.
- Put it on a strainer till dry or keep it in the sun till quite dry.
- Mix salt, red chili pepper, mustard powder and turmeric together.
- Rub over lotus stem pieces.
- Put the pickle in a jar and on it pour heated and cooled oil.
- Keep it for 4 days before serving.