- 1/2 kg pumpkin
- 30 grams coarsely ground mustard powder (4 tsps)
- 1 teaspoonful Turmeric (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 cup Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
- 1/2 cup Salt (Namak)
How to make pumpkin pickle:
- Cut the pumpkin with skin into long slices.
- Put in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Put in a strainer to drain the water and cool.
- Mix all the ingredients with oil and rub on the pumpkin pieces.
- Put in a clean jar and leave in a warm place for 3 days and shake it once daily until tender.
- Serve after 4 days.