- 1/2 kg Turnips (Shalgam)
- 1/2 kg Carrots (Gajar)
- 1/2 kg Cauliflower (Phool gobi)
- 1 cup Oil (Tel)
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 6 tsps ground Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- Salt (Namak) to taste
How to make cauliflower, turnip and carrot pickle :
- Clean and cut vegetables into big pieces and boil for 5 minutes.
- Put in a basket to drain well and then dry with a clean cloth.
- Mix ground mustard seeds, turmeric, Red chili pepper , salt and oil together into the boiled vegetables.
- Put in a clean jar and keep it in the sun for 4 days, shaking the pickle once or twice daily.
- Serve after 6 days.
- This pickle can be kept for 15 days.