- 1 kg raw Mangoes (Aam)
- 150 grams Salt (Namak)
- 30 grams Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 3 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 6 teaspoons aniseed
- 15 grams Onions seeds (Kalonji)
- 7 grams Turmeric (Haldi)
- 2 1/2 cups Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
How to make mango pickle (punjab i):
- Remove the stones and cut the mangoes into big pieces.
- Rub all the ground spices – salt, red chilli, 12 teaspoons mustard oil and turmeric – on mango pieces.
- Put in a jar and keep for two days in the sun and shake it daily.
- Then pour rest of the oil and leave for 15 days but not in the sun.
- Shake it every other day.
- Serve after 20 days.
- This pickle can be kept for one to two years.
- Be careful to keep mango pieces covered with oil.