Here is an easy to follow recipe for chicken tikka. Learn how to make chicken tikka at home.
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chicken
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/8 tsp chili peppers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- A spritzer of the type used to mist plants or dampen clothes for ironing for the barbecue flare ups.
Ho to make indian tandoori chicken :
- Wash the chicken and cut it up. Cut off and discard as much of the fat as possible from under the skin, because the fat catches fire while cooking and causes the chicken to burn. Dry the pieces.
- For the marinade, combine all the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the marinade and the chicken and leave it all day in the fridge, turning once or twice.
- To barbecue, either a wood or a charcoal fire will do. Turn the chicken often so that it doesn’t burn, and when the fire does flare up, extinguish the blaze by spraying it with water from your spritzer. It takes about 30 minutes to cook the chicken tikka.