- 1/2 kg. Arbi, peeled and halved lengthways
- 1″ piece ginger grated finely
- 4-5 cloves garlic – ground
- 1-2 green chillies – finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp ajwain – crushed roughly
- Salt to taste
- 5 tbsp thick curd
- 1 tsp besan (gram flour)
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves – chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala & amchoor
- Choose even sized arbi and make sure that it is not too thick.
- Peel, slit into four pieces lengthwise.
- Rub 2 tsp. salt on it and keep aside for about 20 minutes or
- Wash well and strain and wipe with cloth. Place arbi in a flat dish and add ginger, garlic, chillies, lemon juice, ajwain, salt and mix well.
- Now take a pan and add 1 tbsp. of oil and sautee the arbi for 4 minutes Beat curd with a spoon in a small bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix..
- Sprinkle the dahi mix on the arbi and again mix .
- Micro high covered 6 minutes. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with a little lemon juice.