Kadhi pakora is very popular and quite a regular in North Indian homes. But making it takes quite some time. So here is a simple yet quick recipe for microwave kadhi pakora. It can be served with plain rice or chapatti.
Serves : 4
Cooking time : 30 mins
Ingredients for Kadhi :
- 1 cups sour curd
- 1/4 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger (minced)
- 3 cup water
- 1 tsp oil
Ingredients for pakoras (dumplings) :
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tblsp green coriander chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Water for batter
Ingredients for tempering (tarka):
- 1 tsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 tsp mustard seed (rai)
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- Pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp cumin seed (jeera)
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 2 dry red chilies
- 2 tsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
How to make microwave kadi pakora:
Method for making kadhi :
- Take curd in a bowl, add sifted besan . Beat together to make a smooth batter.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, green chilies and ginger.
- Mix them well.
- Microwave for 10 minutes, stirring once in between.
Method for making pakoras :
- Take a mixing bowl add gram flour along with baking powder, onion, green coriander, salt and red chilli powder.
- To this add water very gradually to get a thick soft paste of dropping consistency.
- Beat the batter for 2 minutes to make it light and fluffy. Oil a flat dish and pour the pakora batter with a teaspoon in the dish, leaving some space in between.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 mins.
- Add the pakoras in the kadhi and microwave again for 2 minute.
- For tempering, take clarified butter in a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 30 second so that ghee is hot.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida, curry leaves, red chili and dry fenugreek seeds.
- Microwave for 1 minute and pour it over the kadhi mixture.
- Garnish it with the coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapatti .