- 1/2tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 2 tsp Coriander Seed (Dhania)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 6 broken into several pieces dried Chilli (Mirch)
- Few Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
- 1/2 tsp Black Gram (Urad Daal)
- A pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- 1 tblsp Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
How to make rasam masala:
- Roast all ingredients except asafetida in a dry pan and cook over a very low fire, until the chilies become crisp and the spices smell taking care not to burn.
- Cool slightly, then grind all ingredients together, and then mix with the asafetida powder.