- 2 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 6 tblsp Coriander seeds (Dhania)
- 8 Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
- 1/2 tsp Asafetida seeds (Hing)
- 11/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 11/2 tsp Red chilli (Lal Mirchi)
- 20 Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
- 3 tblsp mixed dried Black Beans (Chawli/Lobhia) , Chickpeas (Chana) and Lentils
How to make sambhar masala:
- Heat a griddle or a heavy-bottom pan and cook each one ingredient separately for few minutes.
- Grind them all together in an electric grinder or by hand, then press through a sieve.
- Store it in an airtight container.
- Make sure you always close the lid tightly after use.