- 3-4 dried whole Chili pods
- 3 tblsp Sesame seeds (Til)
- 2 tblsp Green Pepper corns
- 2 tblsp Black Pepper corns
- 2 tblsp White Pepper corns
- 1 tblsp whole Cloves (Lavang)
- 2-3 Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
- 20 green bruised Cardamom pods (Elaichi)
- 1/4th Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 3/4th cup Coriander seeds (Dhania)
- 3 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1 tsp ground Ginger (Adrak)
How to make garam masala-bengali style:
- Roast all ingredients in a dry pan (preferably non-stick) and heat over a very low fire, shaking the pan time to time.
- When the spices give off the fragrance allow to cool slightly.
- Then grind finely in an electric grinder.
- If electric grinder is not available, grind by hand and press through a fine sieve afterwards.
- Store it in an airtight container for upto 3 months.
- Make sure you always close the lid tightly after use.