- 5 Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 1/2 inch stick Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
- 5 Cloves (Lavang)
- 2 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp White Sesame seeds (Til)
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds (Dhania)
- 4 tsp flaked Coconut (Nariyal)
- 10 Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
- 5 Cassia Buds
How to make goda masala:
- Remove the cardamom seeds from their husks.
- Saute the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves in the oil until the cloves swell.
- Dry-Roast the rest of ingredients over a low heat until the coconut is dark brown.
- Cool and grind with sautéed spices until fine.
- Store in an air tight container.