Suji idli is are fast becoming an alternate to rice idli. Instant suji idli can be made in a jiffy and are light on the tummy too. Sooji idli with eno can be made for lunch box or picnic or even for a journey. Here is the recipe.
Makes : 10
Time : 30 mins
- 1 cup Semolina (Suji)
- 1 cup fresh Curd
- 1 tsp Fruit Salt (Eno)
- 1 cup finely chopped Cabbage
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 tblsp chopped Coriander
- 2 to 3 finely chopped Green Chilies
- Salt to taste
- Roast the suji in pan withour oil till it changes it color to light pink on low flame.
- Keep it aside.
- When it gets cool, in a bowl take the curd and add semolina evenly.
- Except for the eno add the remaining ingredients. Keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker put some water to boil.
- Apply some oil on the idli maker slots.
- Now check the consistency of the batter, it should be of dropping consistency. If it is too thick then add some water and adjust the consistency.
- Now add the eno and mix well.
- Immediately put 1 spoonful of this batter in each idli maker slot.
- Quickly place this idli maker in the cooker and let it steam for 10 minutes.
- Take it out and serve hot with green chutney.
1. Mix the eno only when you are about to place the idly maker in the cooker. Otherwise the idlis will not turn out soft.
2. If making in large quantities then remember NOT to add eno to the entire batter. Mix in batches.