Every once in a while one wants to gorge on some sweets. Here is a recipe for low calorie suji halwa. This low fat sooji halwa is completely oil free. Try it.
Serves : 1
Cooking time : 15 mins
- 1/4 cup suji (semolina)
- 4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder (elaichi)
- 5 – 6 kishmish (raisins)
- 1 -2 soaked and chopped almonds
How to make oil free suji ka halwa :
- Take a heavy bottom kadai and add suji to it.
- With the flame on low, stir suji continuously till slightly brown in color and a mild sweet aroma is released.
- When the suji is about to get brown switch off the flame but keep stirring the suji till it acquires a uniform light brown color.
- This whole process takes up to 10 mins.
- In a separate pan boil the water with sugar and raisins. Keep aside
- Now switch on the flame and add water-sugar syrup. Lower the flame and let suji cook till the mixture gets thick. Keep stirring continuously.
- Then add the cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and serve hot.