Every once in a while one wants to gorge on some sweets. Here is a recipe for low calorie suji halwa. This low fat sooji halwa is completely oil free. Try it.
- 1/4 cup Suji (Semolina)
- 4 – 5 tsp Sugar
- 3/4 – 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 5 – 6 Kishmish (raisins)
- 1 – 2 chopped Almonds & Pistachio
How to Make Oil Free Suji Halwa :
- Take a heavy bottom kadai / pan and add suji to it.
- On low flame dry roast the semolina, stirring continuously till slightly brown in color and a mild sweet aroma is released.
- When the suji is about to get brown switch off the flame but keep stirring the suji till it acquires a uniform light brown color.
- This whole process takes up to 10 mins.
- In a separate pan boil the water with sugar and raisins. Keep aside
- Now switch on the flame and add water-sugar syrup. Lower the flame and let suji cook till the mixture gets thick. Keep stirring continuously.
- Then add the cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachio and serve hot.
Storage Tips :
You can store sooji ka halwa for 2 – 3 months in deep freezer and 1 week in refrigerator.
Reheating Tips :
When you want to reuse either heat the required amount in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 5 mins. Heat water in a pan and add the needed halwa and let the halwa simmer for 5 – 10 mins stirring continously.