Sweet and sour fish is a very tasty and popular Indo chinese recipe. This is a dry version of the sweet and sour fish recipe.
- 15 pieces boneless Fish
- 21/2 tbsp Corn Flour / Corn Starch
- 11/2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 11/2 tbsp Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 3tbsp Spring Onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper Powder to taste
- 11/2 tbsp Sugar
- A pinch ajinomoto
- Oil to fry
- 2 tbsp oil
How to make sweet and sour fish :
- Take 1tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp corn flour, salt & pepper in abowl and form a mixture.
- Cover fish pieces with the above mixture evenly.
- Heat oil in a wok / kadhai and deep fry the fish pieces tillgolden brown.
- Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a separate pan and add ginger paste,onions, pepper, salt and ajinomoto. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chicken broth, remaining soya sauce and corn flour, sugar andvinegar and bring to boil.
- Dissolve corn flour in a 1/2 cup water and add to the currystirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add fried fish pieces. Simmer for a minute or two.
- Serve the sweet and sour fish hot with steamed / boiled rice.