Vegetable manchurian is grated mixed vegetables deep fried into balls and then served in a special indo chinese sauce. Learn how to make vegetable manchurian.
- 2 cups Grated Cabbage
- 2 cups Grated Carrots
- 1 Chopped Spring Onion
- 2 Chopped Green Chilies
- 3-4 Crushed Garlic Flakes
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch or Flour
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- A pinch of ajinomoto
- 2 tbsp oil
Preparation of vegetarian manchurian :
- Mix grated cabbage and carrots and squeeze the water out from them.
- Now in a bowl take the squeezed cabbage and carrots and mix 1tbsp. corn starch and add few chopped chilies and little salt to it.
- Make small balls (like koftas) of the mixture .
- Heat the oil in a kadhai / wok and deep fry the balls till golden brown, drain and keep aside.
- Now in a separate pan heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Sauté garlic, green chilies and spring onions.
- Add water, salt, pepper powder, ajinomoto, sugar and soya sauce.Bring it to a boil.
- Mix 1 tbsp corn four with half of a cup of cold water and stir into it. Gently add the fried balls to the gravy.
- Cook the vegetable manchurian for 3-4 minutes and serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.