Egg fried rice is a great way to use up leftover rice and vegetables. Learn how to make egg fried rice Indian style.
Serves : 2
Cooking time : 45 mins
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 eggs (beaten well)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cup finely peas,chopped carrot and beans
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 4 garlic flakes (grounded)
- 3 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
How to make egg fried rice Indian style:
- You need boiled rice which has been cooked earlier and has cooled down.
- Heat oil in a pan add onions to it fry till it is transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilies, stir fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir it continuously till it is scrambled properly.
- Now add the finely chopped vegetables and stir it for a minute more. Make sure that the vegetables retain their crunchiness.
- Add salt, garam masala and soy sauce and the cooked rice and mix it well.
- Cover the pan with a lit and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with choice of gravy.