Idli is one of the most popular and healthiest breakfast. Soft and spongy idlis are everyone’s favorite and is a great source of proteins and vitamins. The whole logic of soft and spongy idli lies in the consistency and grinding of the batter. Here we present the idli recipe which is very easy and simple to make. Learn how to make idli batter.
- 2 cups Rice
- 1 cup Urad Daal (white)
- 1 1/2 tblsp Salt
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- Oil for greasing
How to make idli:
- Pick, wash and soak the daal overnight or for 8 hours.
- Pick, wash and drain the rice. Grind it coarsely in a blender.
- Grind the daal into a smooth and forthy paste.
- Now mix the grinded rice and daal together into a batter.
- Mix salt and set aside in a warm place for 8-9 hours or overnight for fermenting.
- Idlis are ready to be cooked when the batter is well fermented.
- Grease the idle holder or pan well and fill each of them with 3/4th full of batter.
- Steam cook idlis on medium flame for about 10 minutes or until done.
- Use a butter knife to remove the idlis.
- Serve them with sambhar or chutney.