Oats idli is made by steaming batter made from oats, semolina and yogurt. Discover how to make oats idli by following this easy recipe.
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp eno
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp channa dal
- A pinch of asafetida
- 1/2 green chili paste paste
- 1 carrot (grated)
- Salt to taste
How to make oats idli:
- Dry roast the oats in a frying pan for 3-4 minute and keep it aside, let it cool completely.
- Then grind the roasted oats to a fine powder in a mixer grinder.
- In the same pan, dry roast semolina until it emits a nice aroma.
- Now transfer the roasted semolina and powdered oats to am mixing bowl, and mix them well.
- Heat oil in a pan; add mustard seed, urad dal, channa dal and asafetida. When mustard seeds start to splatter add grated carrot. Saute till the raw smell of the carrot goes away or saute it for 4-5 minute.
- Then add semolina and oats powder to it along with salt, eno, yogurt and required water to form a batter.
- Mix everything together with spatula. If batter becomes too thick adjust with sufficient water or curd.
- Grease the idli moulds with oil and pour the sufficient amount of batter in it with the help of ladle,Steam it for 10 -12 minutes till done.
- Serve hot with peanut chutney.