Curd rice is the most popular recipe in any South Indian household. Yogurt rice is easy and simple to make. Learn how to make Indian curd rice.
- 1 cup boiled Rice
- 2 cups Yogurt (Curd)
- 2 tblsp Oil
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1-2 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Chana Daal
- 1 tsp Urad Daal
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped Ginger
- 2 tblsp desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Salt
How to make curd rice :
- In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoonful of oil.
- Add mustard seeds to the oil.
- When the mustard seeds start popping add chana and urad daal.
- After a minute, add in the ginger, coriander and green chilies.
- Saute them for a minute. Take the pan off the gas.
- Add in the rice.
- Mix the salt and desiccated coconut.
- Just before serving, mix all the ingredients with yogurt (curd)and milk.