Diwani handi is similar to mix veg in the north India. Boiled vegetables are cooked with ginger garlic paste and served with hyderababdi parantha.
French Beans 10-12
Broad Beans (sem) 1 cup
Green Peas (shelled) 1/2 cup
Baby Brinjals 6
Fenugreek Leaves (methi) 1 bunch
Ginger Paste 1 tsp.
Garlic Paste 1 tsp.
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp.
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil 1/2 cup
Coriander Leaves 1 tbsp
Green Chillies 6
How to make diwani handi:
- Clean the potatoes, french beans and broadbeans and cut into diamond shapes. Trim the brinjal top and slit into two.
- Wash and chop fresh fenugreek leaves. Clean and chop coriander leaves.
- Slice onions. De-seed green chillies and chop.
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add sliced onions and lightly brown.
- Add ginger and garlic pastes and stir well for a minute.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the fresh fenugreek leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the prepared vegetables and stir well.
- Pour a cup of water and simmer till the vegetables are cooked.
- Once the vegetables are 3/4 cooked add the coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Cook till all the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot with Hyderabadi paratha