Khatti arbi ka salan is easy to make. Arbi pieces are put in curry made from tomatoes and onion and then tamarind paste is added.
Colocassia (arbi) 250 gms.
Oil 3 tbsps.
Onion (sliced) 1
Curry Leaves 8-10
Green Chillies 2-3
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp.
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp.
Tomatoes 3 medium
Salt to taste
Tamarind Pulp 2 tbsps
How to make khatti arbi ka salan:
- Peel and slice onions. Chop tomatoes, de-seed and chop green chillies.
- Soak tamarind in lukewarm water for 15 minutes and squeeze out the pulp.
- Boil Arbi in salted water till tender, peel, slice the bigger ones into two pieces if desired.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions till golden brown. Add curry leaves, chopped chillies, ginger garlic paste and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder and sauté for 3-4 minutes on a low heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are completely mashed.
- Add the arbi and cook for 2 minutes pour one cup of water and salt, cook for2-3 minutes.
- Add tamarind pulp. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with Hyderabadi paratha.