Here is a simple to make recipe od vegetable nilgiri korma. Korma is a very popular hyderabadi cuisine.
French Beans 10
Green Peas (shelled) 1/2 cup
Onions 2 medium
Curry Leaves 10-12
Coriander Leaves (chopped) 1/4 cup
Garam Masala Powder 1 tbsp.
Groundnut Oil 12 tbsps.
For Masala Paste
Coconut (scraped) 1/2 cup
Garlic 12 cloves
Ginger 1 inch
Red Chillies Whole 6
Coriander Seeds 2 tbsps.
Cumin Seeds 1 tsp.
Poppy Seeds (khuskhus) 2 tbsps.
Fennel Seeds (saunf) 2 tbsps.
How to make vegetable nilgiri korma:
- Wash, peel and cut all the vegetables into equal sized dices. Peel and chop the onion. Wash and puree the tomatoes.
- Heat two tablespoons oil and fry the paste ingredients till light brown, cool and grind to a paste with little water.
- Wash and chop the coriander leaves. Boil the potatoes, cauliflower and carrots till half done in salted water. Drain and keep.
- Heat oil and add the onion and fry till golden brown. Wash and add the curry leaves and masala paste. Fry till the oil separates.
- Add the vegetables and continue stirring. Pour the tomato puree and bring to boil.
- Add two cups water and simmer till the vegetables are cooked and the gravy is thick.
- Sprinkle the garam masala, stir well and serve hot.