Chaandi Korma gets its name because of its white gravy which is prepared from khoya, cream and garnished with silver varq.
Chicken 1 kg.
Oil 1/4 cup
Ginger Paste 1 tbsp.
Garlic Paste 1 tbsp.
Green Chilli Paste 1 tbsp.
White Pepper Powder 1 tsp.
Milk Solids (khoya) 1/2 cup
Almonds 1/4 cup
Yogurt 1 cup
Green Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp.
Rose Petal Powder 1/2 tsp.
Fresh Cream 4 tbsps.
Silver Varq for garnish
Almonds (sliced) for garnish
Pistachios (sliced) for garnish
How to make chaandi korma:
- Wash chicken and cut into 12 pieces.
- Chop onions. Grind the almonds into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add sliced onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste. Add the green chilli paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the almond paste, khoya and yogurt, cook slowly for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the white pepper powder and stir.
- Now add the chicken pieces and cook further on slow heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in 1 cup of water and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked add the fresh cream and stir.
- Add the cardamom powder and rose petal powder, simmer for 2 minutes and remove.
- Garnish with silver varq, almond and pista slices.