Dalcha is mutton cooked with chana dal and flavoured with ginger and garlic paste. Here is a simple recipe for how to make dalcha.
250 grams Mutton
3/4 cups Bengal gram dal
2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Chilli powder
2 nos. Green chillies
3 nos. Sliced onions
2 tblsp Oil
How to make dalcha:
- Cut the mutton into 1 inch cubes. Soak the chana dal in water for 30 minutes.
- Boil the dal with 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder and enough water till tender.
- Mash well and set aside.
- Fry two sliced onions till they are crisp.
- Crush and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add the remaining sliced onion and fry till brown.
- Add the giner-garlic paste, remaining turmeric powder and fry till light brown, then add the mutton and fry till oil separates.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and 2 cups water and cook till the mutton is tender.
- To the mutton add the mashed dal, crushed fried onions, 1/2-1 cup warm water and salt to taste.
- Simmer till completely cooked.
- Serve hot.