A delicious pulao made with mint or pudina as main flavour that can go with any kind of curry or raita.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh green peas
- 1 big onion
- 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp. green chilli paste
- 3 tbsps. ghee
- salt to taste
How to make mint pulao:
- Clean and wash the rice. Soak in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice the onion fine. Heat ghee in a handi and fry the sliced onion till golden brown.
- Then add the ginger-garlic and chilli pastes.
- Fry till a nice aroma arises. Now add the green peas and the drained rice.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt to taste. When the pulao is nearly ready toss in the fresh mint leaves and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with a cucumber raitha.