A drink which is relished by one and all. The moint flavour makes gives it a refreshing touch. Learn how to make jal zeera.
- 1 cup tamarind
- 6 cups hot water
- 8 to 10 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons black salt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- large pinch of garam masala
- 8-10 mint leaves for garnishing
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
How to make jal zeera:
- Soak tamarind in hot water for about 1/2 hour and extract juice. Strain.
- Grind mint leaves and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Chill and serve, garnished with mint leaves.
- Serving: 10-12