This is a good snack or finger food. A batter is rubbed on the paneer (cottage pieces) pieces and then deep fried.
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Besan – 1 cup
- Paneer – 150-200 gms
- Khus-khus – 1 tsp
- Til (sesame)- 1 tsp
- Spring onion with greens (finely chopped)- one
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli paste – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sambar masala – 1 tsp
- Buttermilk- 1 tsp
- Soda bicarb – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – 2 tblsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil- for frying
How to make paneer rice fingers:
- Mix rice, besan and buttermilk to prepare a thick batter.
- Keep it aside for 3- 4 hours.
- Mix in all the ingredients except oil and paneer.
- Cut the paneer into one-inch long strips.
- Coat these strips with the rice batter and fry in hot oil till golden.