Very popular in the northern part of the country.
- Almond powder – 100 gms
- Cashew powder – 100 gms
- Pistachio powder – 100 gms
- Powdered sugar – 130 gms
- Sugar – 70 gms
- Pista colour – a little
- Sliced almonds & pistachios – 1/4 cup
- Kesar, elaichi, raspberry red colour, siver varq-for garnishing.
How to make kalingar:
- Make a syrup of less than one-string consistency with 70 gms sugar and one-third cup of water.
- Add pista colour to it and take it off the gas. Add pistachio power, mix it well and allow it to cool. Divide it into
- 10 portions.
- Make a syrup of one string consistency with 130 gms sugar and half a cup of water. Add cashew powder and almond
- powder and mix well. Take it off the gas and divide it into two parts- one-fourth and three-fourth.
- Add sliced almonds, pistachios and raspberry red colour to the three-fourth portion. Mix it well and divide it
- further into 10 portions.
- Divide the one-fourth part into 10 portions and roll it on a greased butter paper.
- Stuff the raspberry portion properly into the plain cashew and almond dough in the shape of a ball.
- Then cover this ball well with the pistachio dough to give the shape of a water melon. Decorate with silver varq.
- Cut into slices and serve.