A very much liked recipe of Chandrakla. It is a very popular dessert dish.
- Maida (refined flour)- 1 cup
- Rava (semolina)- 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Milk – for making the dough
- Mava – 50 gms
- Powdered sugar – 2 tblsp
- Almonds – pistachios -chashew (sliced)- 1/4 cup
- Elaichi (powdered cardamom)- 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Kesar (saffron strands)- a few
- Kesari colour (saffron colour) -a little
For the garnish :
- Silver varq
- Almonds & pistachios
How to make Chandrakla :
- Make a soft dough of maida, rava, ghee and milk.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Sieve mava and roast it for 3-4 minutes in a kadai.
- Cool it.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom, almonds, pistachios, cashews and mix well.
- Make 15 round pieces of it.
- Divide the firstly prepared dough into 30 portions and roll them out into small puris.
- Stuff one piece of mava preparation between two such puris.
- Seal the edges by pressing them lightly and make any design at the edges.
- Fry these pieces in hot ghee till crisp and light brown in colour.
- Set them aside to cool.
- Make a sugar syrup of one-string consistency with one-fourth cup of water simultaneously adding the kesar and kesari colour.