Indian Sarkarrai Pongal is made by cooking rice with milk and adding lot of dry fruits. Learn how to make mouthwatering Sarkarrai Pongal.
2 litre Milk (dudh)
10 Almonds (badam)
1 1/2 cups newly harvested rice (chawal)
1/4 cup Moong dal (gram pulse)
15 Cashew nuts (kaju)
1 1/2 cup Jaggery (gur) grated
30 Kishmis or raisins
1/4 level teaspoon nutmeg (jayphal) powder
1/4 teaspoon saffron (kesar) crushed
1-teaspoon cardamom (elayachi) powder
2 tablespoons ghee (oil).
How to make sarkarrai pongal:
- Take a thick-bottomed pan and put it on medium fire.
- Pour milk and bring it to boil.
- Add rice and dal and cook.
- When rice becomes tender add jaggery and ghee.
- Chop almonds and cashew nuts and add to it with saffron, raisins and cardamom powder.