Indian bandaru ladoo is made by adding spirals of gram flour to syrup. Learn how to make bandaru ladoo.
250 gms senaga pindi / bengal gram (chana dal) flour
250 gms sugar (cheeni)
1 tsp cardamom (elayachi) powder
oil to fry
50 gms cashew nuts (kaju) fried in a tbsp of ghee
How to make bandaru ladoo:
- Take Bengal gram flour and add four spoons of warm oil to it.
- Mix the oil and add water to make dough of medium consistency.
- Take the muruku press with medium size holes.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat oil to fry.
- Fill the muruku press with dough and make spirals in of dough in the oil by pressing it.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Take them out and put it on tissue paper to absorb extra oil.
- Repeat the same procedure with the rest of dough.
- Put them in blender and make powder of it.
- Measure the powder and take same amount of sugar.
- Add water to sugar and make syrup.
- When the syrup is made, add the powdered spiral, nuts and cardamom powder to it and stir.
- When it is done take it off the fire and make balls of medium size (ladoos).