Aloo ki sabji aur puri is an integral part of the North Indian cuisine. You will find the presence of dry aloo sabzi for poori in every festive food. Here is a unique aloo ki sabji aur puri recipe.
Ingredients for Poori:
- 3 cup Wheat flour
- 1 tsp Oil
- Water to knead dough
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
Ingredients for dry aloo bhaji :
- 500 Grams Potatoes (Boiled)
- 1 tsp Rai Mustard Seeds
- 2 medium Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies
- Generous pinch of Hing
Make Paste With 1/4 Cup Water:
- 2 tsp Dhania Pwd
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Pwd
- 1/2 tsp Haldi (Turmeric)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 tblsp Chopped Coriander
For Pooris :
- Mix all the ingredients except water and oil for frying.
- Knead the dough very well it should be smooth n shiny The balls of the dough too should have no cracks.Ideally cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel
- Knead soft pliable dough with water.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes. Divide dough into 10-12 parts, shape into balls.
- Roll each into 4 rounds with the help of some oil or dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, fry on both sides till light brown.
- Drain the oil on a kitchen paper. Serve hot with dry aloo sabji.
- Whilst rolling out your poori make sure the porri does not have a crack or fold.
For Dry Aloo Ki Sabji :
- Heat oil in a pan, put the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add curry leaves, green chilies and hing. Fry it for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cook covered for 2-3 minutes on low till you see oil, if need be splash a bit of water.
- Peel the potatoes and crush them with hand and add to the mixture.
- Add salt, turmeric and lemon juice. And let it cook for 1 – 2 mins.
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Your aloo ki sabji aur puri is ready to served.