Kala Jamun are dark brown gulab jamuns made from paneer and khoya and then deep fried and coated with sugar syrup.
- 500 gms Milk Solids (khoya)
- 100 gms Cottage Cheese (paneer)
- 3 tblsp Refined Flour (maida)
- 1/4 tsp Soda Bi-carbonate
- 3 cup Sugar
- 11/2 cup Water
- 2 tblsp Castor Sugar
- Pure Gheefor frying
How to make kala jamun:
- Grate paneer and khoya . Sieve flour with soda bicarbonate.
- Mix these ingredients and knead well to make a soft dough.
- Make sugar syrup using 1 1/2 cups water and sugar. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough in equal portions and make round balls.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, spread castor sugar on a tray, roll the dough balls on the castor sugar and deep fry on medium heat.
- Temperature should not be very high or else the kala jams will remain uncooked from inside.
- Drain when evenly cooked and dark brown in colour and transfer to the sugar syrup.
- Let them soak for 15 minutes before serving.