Aloo chana chaat is a low oil snack made with boiled chickpeas and potatoes.
- 250gms Boiled Chick peas
- 3 Potatoes, boiled, peeled, diced
- 1 tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger (grated)
- 1 Tomato, deseeded, medium chopped
- 2 Green chillis, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- Juice of 1 to 1 1/2 lemons
- Salt to taste
How to make aloo chana chat:
- Wash chick peas and strain.
- Boil potatoes until soft and dice in 1cm cubes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and over moderate heat put the chopped green chilies, onion and ginger and saute for a minute.
- Throw in the chick peas and potatoes, and toss until slightly brown.
- Finally add the tomatoes and toss it over medium heat.
- Sprinkle cumin powder ,red chilli powder and chaat masala
- Place the mixture in the bowl and sprinkle fresh coriander with salt to taste.
- To add the punch squeeze lemon juice on top.