Here is street style Ragda Pattice recipe. Ragda Pattice is fried disc of boiled potato served with sukhe mattar (dried peas) and garnished with chutneys and nylon sev. This is the perfect Ragda Pattice Chaat recipe.
- 1 cup White Peas
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Dhania Powder
- 1/2 tsp Haldi Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Oil for cooking and frying
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 3 – 4 chopped Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Roasted Jeera Powder
- 1/2 Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- Soak white peas in water for about six hours .
- Boil with haldi till done. Add salt, mash a little.
- Take oil and add jeera. When it begins to sputter add the onion and ginger garlic paste and saute it for 2 minutes. Then add the tomato and continue to saute them for another 1 minute or so.
- Add all the masalas and saute it for one more minute and then add the boiled peas into it. Cover and cook for some time till the peas have absorbed the flavours .
For the pattice:
- Boil potatoes, peel & mash them, add all the ingredients listed under the pattice ingredients.
- To make the pattice, make small balls of the potato mix and then apply slight pressure to flatten it evenly.
- Heat the Tava, put a little oil on it & fry pattice gently on both sides. Fry on medium heat. Keep aside.
To serve : To assemble the ragda pattice take a plate, place 2 aloo tikkis on it and cover them up with the masala pea. Garnish it generously with chopped onions and tomatoes, coriander leaves, chaat masala, dhania chutney and tamarind chutney and some sev.