Here is an easy fusion Thandai mousse recipe for Holi. You have heard of chocolate mousse but have you ever heard of Thandai mousse. Yes.. you heard it right. Thandai mousse recipe just perfect for the Holi party celebrations.
With the most vibrant and colorful festival around the the corner its time to start prepping up for the Holi parties. Holi festivites are incomplete without a glass of thandai. It is embedded in the tradition of Holi. So let us get ready for a holi party with an easy to make recipe of Thandai recipe with a twist. Thandai Mousse is a chilled silky smooth dessert with whipped cream flavoured with thandai syrup and garnished with pistachio slivers and dried rose petals.
- 100 ml Fresh Cream
- 100 gms White Chocolate
- 2 tblsp Readymade Thandai Syrup (Haldiram or Patanjali)
- 150 ml Heavy Whipping Cream
- FOR GARNISHING –
- 1 tblsp Pistachio Slivers
- 1 tblsp Dried Rose petals
- Small shot glasses
How to make thandai mousse:
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat the fresh cream in a heavy bottom pan on a slow flame. Stir few times to ensure that the cream does not get burnt. When it just begins to boil add the chopped white chocolate.
- Stir constantly and let the white chocolate melt completely and mix well with the cream. Ensure that no lumps are formed.
- Once the chocolate melts take it out in a separate bowl. Let it cool down.
- Add the thandai syrup in the chocolate ganache. Mix well and ensure it is evenly mixed with the melted chocolate. Keep aside.
- In a chilled bowl beat the heavy whipping cream till it increases 3 times in volume and soft stiff peaks are formed. To check if the whipping cream is ready, once done flip the bowl in which you have whipped the cream and turn upside down. The whipping cream should not fall off. If it is then you need to beat some more. Also do keep checking frequently so that you do not over whip the cream. It tastes bad.
- Once th cream is whipped add the white chocolate-thandai syrup mixture with a soft hand using cut and fold method. Make sure the whipped cream does not lose its air.
- Now with the help of a poon pour the mixture in small short glasses or any other bowl you want to serve.
- Garnish with pistachio slivers and dried rose petals.
- Chill for 4 – 5 hours or over night before serving these Thandai mousse to your guests to devour.
- You can add a layer of crumbled marie biscuit in the base and then add the whipped cream. It will raise the bar of the recipe to another level. For that grind 15 – 20 Britannia Digestive Biscuit in a grinder add 2 tablespoon of butter and form a crumble.