Bhang thandai is generally preferred during the Holi season. It is the highlight of the holi parties. Here is the procedure for how to make bhaang ki thandai. But drink it at your own risk.
- 1 1/2 liter – Water
- 1 1/2 cups – Sugar (chini)
- 1 cup – Milk
- 1 tbsp – Almonds (badam)
- 1 tbsp – Watermelon/Cantaloupe seeds (dried and skinned) (kharboje ke beej)
- 1/2 tbsp – Poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 1/2 tbsp – Aniseed
- 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 1 tsp – Peppercorns (whole) (sabut kali mirch)
- 15 cannabis (bhaang)
- 1/4 cup – Dried or fresh rose petals (gulab ki pati)
How to make bhang thandai :
- Take a pan and add 1/2 litre of water and sugar to it. Let it saok for 2 hours.
- Now in a separate bowl soak all the other dry ingredients in 2 cups of water for minimum 2 hours. After 2 hours grind these soaked ingredients into a fine paste.
- Mix remaining water to the paste and strain it using a strong muslin strainer to extract the liquid into a vessel until the residue becomes dry.
- Now to this strained mixture add milk and sugar syrup.
- Add the cardamom powder in the milk.
- Keep it for chilling in the fridge for 2 -3 hours before serving.
- Serve it cold with some chopped almonds.